Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Few Thank Yous

I want to say thanks to a few people :

First, I want to say thanks to Agent Orange and the rest of the Republicans in control of the House now. While our economy is still in the toilet, people are still losing houses and can't find work and we still have men and women in harm's way in Iraq and Afghanistan, what's your first priority ? Reading the Constitution on the floor of the House (which I haven't seen or heard any of, did they skip Article VI, paragraph 3 which says that religious tests for office aren't allowed and did they skip the first clause in the 1st Amendment saying that the government can't make a law respecting the establishment of religion because I would think that would cause the explosion of the heads of the ultra-religious right wing nutjobs who seem to make up the Republican Party these days who insist this is a Christian nation) and making a show of trying to repeal health care (actually health insurance) reform. In two years, I'm sure voters will really appreciate that you tried to repeal an act that will, at that point, have given them all these benefits-
http://www.healthreform.gov/reports/keyprovisions.html -  for two years and will be thrilled you considered that (and reading the Constitution) to be the thing that was most important to do as soon as you got into office. Thank you for ensuring that the Democrats will have control of the House back in 2012.

Second, I would like to issue a pre-emptive thank you to all the idiots who believe that the world is going to end on either May 21, 2011 or December 21, 2012. If you could do me a huge favor and just kill yourselves now, that would be great. Just yourselves, though. Don't take anyone else with you which is what I'm afraid some of you may end up doing since you're so convinced the world is going to end. Just kill yourselves without taking anyone with you and you will have my eternal gratitude.

On a less serious note, I would like to thank Katy Perry for the amusement she provided me last night. Before I do that, since some people may say I'm being a little mean here, I want to say I actually do like her music and she does (from what I've read) actually write or co-write most, if not all of her songs which is more then you can say for some "artists" out there. That being said, after seeing this last night, I knew I had to write about it. Flipping through the channels, I came across the People's Choice Awards just as they were about to give out the award for Favorite Female Artist. When they announced her name, she seemed to me like she was trying to look surprised that she won, even though we all know the winners know ahead of time. Hell, they had her sitting right in the front row before they announced it. Then she gets on stage and for some reason, they hand her two awards. She bends down to the microphone until she's almost at a 90 degree angle showing off the thing (or I guess I should say things) that I'm sure played a large part (no pun intended) in her winning the award and she says "I have two of them" and then, even better, "These are heavy, I wish you could feel them !" I don't know if she was aware how that sounded with her practically shoving her boobs into the camera, but it was amusing. I'm inclined to think she may not be that quick-witted though, since she followed that up by doing what they all do at this show, saying how this award means more to them than any other because it's voted on by "The People". Except what she said, and I'm sorry I don't remember the exact quote, was that it meant so much to her because it was voted on by people, not by "The People", but by people ... and that's where she seemed to realize the corner she'd painted herself into (seeing as how all the awards are voted on by people) and said (after a second or two, kind of trailing off)...instead of a computer or something. Brilliant. Thanks, Katy !

No comments:

Post a Comment